- Tenant Check processes our applications, which are available online to print and return to our office.
- We require a $40 application fee toward the cost of processing an application.
- We screen applicants based on the following criteria:
- Criminal History
- Landlord References
- Credit History
- We require a prelease deposit equal to the monthly rent to hold the apartment through the application process.
- This deposit is refunded within seven days if the applicant is denied; otherwise, it becomes the security deposit upon signing a lease.
We use the Minnesota Multi Housing Association lease.
- Our standard lease duration is 12 months.
- Our minimum lease duration is 6 months.
- There is an increase in the monthly rent of $5 for each month in the lease term less than one year (ex: A $800/month apartment costs $815/month on a nine month lease.)
- After the initial term, leases continue on a month-to-month basis requiring a two-month written notice to vacate.
- There is a $300 penalty for giving notice to vacate for either December 31st or January 31st.
- Subletting is allowed with management's approval.
- We offer a $100 referral credit to current tenants.
- Cats are allowed in all buildings with no pet rent or pet deposit. Sorry, no dogs.
- Since 2009, we have been smoke-free in all of our properties.